Monday, July 19, 2010

Me and Hats

So, after a long hatless spell, I've decided to try wearing them again. In the past I was a big fan of hats - baseball caps, painter hats, Army hats...whatever I could beg, borrow or steal. (Some of my best hats were stolen from random male acquaintences of mine!) When Xander and I went shopping this weekend, I popped into Claire's in the mall to see what kind of girl hats they had. And ended up buying one.


Yes, it's a fedora. And yes, I feel totally 80s when I wear it. But I really like it, too. It makes me feel...I don't know...just a bit edgy or something. Probably it's my mid-life crisis come early (I had to stop myself from buying the fingerless gloves).

Joe thinks I look good in hats. I've never been 100% positive of that myself, but I do like wearing this one. So for now I'll wear my new hat, and hope people are saying, "Wow, she looks cool!" and not "Geez, is she for real?" That's the power of positive thinking, my friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Moms like the hat! You look tres cool, dude. At least you got the hat wearing gene. Good on ya! Much love, M & V.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT