Saturday, August 9, 2008

Battle Ready

This is an all-too regular sight in my living room. Xander's toys, geared up for battle. Although I have to say this was the largest group he's massed yet. If you look close, you can see superheroes rubbing shoulders with Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker sharing some pre-battle tips with the Hamburgler.


Xander is not exclusive in his play. If it's a "guy" and can fight with another "guy", it doesn't matter which ones he uses. Kermit the Frog versus Captain Jack Sparrow? No problem! GI Joe versus Power Ranger? All the time!

Oh, and check out the gear he's got going on here. An elephant, a plane, some horses, even a dragon! Forget the grand scale of the Lord of the Rings movies - I'm living it in my own home! I like to think this kind of open-minded play comes from me. After all, my Barbie dolls were known to date He-man action figures from time to time! (Hey, I had seven of them and only three Kens, give me a break!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an imagination this kid has! I applaud the fact that he's using his mind and not sitting around playing mindless video games. Good job, Sange! You're a terrific mom. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT