Thursday, August 21, 2008

Family, Friends & The Internet

Eli's lovely wife was out of the house last night, leaving him alone with three of the four kids. Joe and I kindly offered to come and keep him company, provided there was food involved. Eli seemed pretty needy for adult companionship, so he agreed. We brought over some chicken, which he made into pan fried chicken strips. Plus he made his world-famous, totally awesome, but not crunchy enough fried potatoes. Score!


I have to say, my bro isn't such a bad guy sometimes. At least, when he's not giving me noogies!

In other news, my Finnish friend Anna sent me some new pictures this week of her new and totally adorable baby Lenni. And yes, he definitely gets those cheeks from his mom! For those who don't know, Anna was an exchange student that lived with my family way back in 1989-90. To say we didn't get along back then is a vast understatement, but time has made us friends. Now that Anna lives back in Finland, I don't see her much. But we still exchange pictures and occasional e-mails.

I just have to take a moment to thank the internet for helping me to keep in touch with people that normally would have fallen by the wayside if I had to write and mail actual letters. But with this blog, e-mail, and Facebook I've been able to reconnect with some friends, and keep in touch with the family. It's a good thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you for having this blog. Keeping in touch is so very important. Love ya, Ma.

The Steigmeiers said...

I am a lovely wife? What sweet words. You just wrote that becasue you knew that I would read it. By the way, I agree on the potatoes.....they needed to be crispier (sp?????).

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT