Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pizza Boy

A couple of Pampered Chef parties ago, Joe had me pick up the round pizza stone (with built-in handles!). This very large stone has been sitting in my foyer for months, though we did take it out one time to test it with frozen Red Baron pizza (my fave!).


This weekend, Joe decided it was time to make a pizza from scratch. He picked up some dough, the pizza sauce, and some shredded mozzarella cheese. And when it was time to start the pizza process, there was Xander wearing just his undies and the chef gear my mom had sent him. We call him the Half-Naked Chef. ::grin::
The pizza turned out pretty good! I can see where improvements can be made. But it was a thousand times better than my last try at making pizza. (Turns out you can't just take the dough out of the fridge and smoosh it into a circle. It needs to get room temperature first. Live and learn!) Xander himself actually ate a whole piece, crust and all! So thanks to my two chefs for a job well done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great looking pizza! I'm seeing a bright future for the "Naked Chef". Food Network, Iron Chef, the possiblities are endless. Picture made me hungry, dude. Love ya, M.

The Steigmeiers said...

Looks cheestastic!!!

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT