Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sleepy Time Xander

Xander looked so cute sleeping the other night, I just had to try and take his picture! This used to be a lot easier to do, when he was little and took naps during the daylight hours. Now I have to futz around with the settings on my camera so that I don't have to turn on the light or use my flash, both things which would wake him up.


To achieve this shot I used the Starry Sky setting on my camera. It leaves the shutter open for 30 seconds, and I was hoping that with the night light right there by the bed that would be good enough. It was, and it wasn't. I had to monkey around in Photoshop to lighten up the picture, and changed it to black and white because the night light threw a red glow on Xander's forehead.

Here are the before and after shots, for your enjoyment! Have a great weekend, everybody!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job with the photo shop. He looks like a little angel sleeping. Love ya, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT