Thursday, August 7, 2008

Going to the Ball

Okay, we all know that Xander is one funny kid. That's pretty indisputable. But last night really took the cake. I tried to write down the conversation as it happened, but I probably got some of it wrong. You'll get the gist, though.

Here's the situation: I sent Xander in to brush his teeth before going to bed. He was in there a longer time than necessary, and when I went to check I saw that he'd wet down his hair and was very carefully combing it over to the side. I asked him what he was doing, and here's what he said.

X - "When I grow up, before I go to the ball I have to get my hair cut. Then Meggie [yes, the girl who dumped him] and I will put on our dresses. Then we'll comb our hair and make it beautiful."


M - "You're going to wear a dress to the ball?"


X - "Of course! You know, the black jacket and the pants."


M - "That's a tuxedo, not a dress."


X - "They're date clothes."


M - "What are you going to do at the ball? Will you dance?"


X - "It's a date!"


M - "What are you going to do on your date?"


X - "Get married. For 89 weeks."


M - "What happens when the 89 weeks are over?"


X - "We get to be a mommy and daddy and have two children."

Cue hilarity! I swear, this kid combed his hair for like twenty minutes, and he was back at it this morning. He wants to be sure to look handsome for his date. And I'm thinking, shouldn't all of this be happening much later on, like years from now? I told him only teenagers spend so much time on their hair. LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Can this kid get any cuter? It's so cool that you are able to journal all this for posterity. Wish I had had that idea 35 years ago. Love ya, M.

Anonymous said...

Too CUTE!!!! xoxo,Lisa

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT