Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Grandma Played Ball??

What I don't know about some of my family members is a lot. You know that question, where would you go if you had a time machine? I'd go back and interview my Dad's parents and his grandparents, my Uncle Tony, my great grandparents on my mom's side. All I know is what other people have told me about them, and sometimes it isn't much.

Take this picture for example:


This is my grandmother, Margaret Steigmeier (known to us as Meme). I never knew she played ball. Was she on a regular team? Was this a one-time special event? And what the heck is she wearing on her head?


I've e-mailed these pics to two of Meme's three kids, to see if either of them have some background on this for me. I can't even tell you the stacks of pictures, tons of scans, and towers of slides I have that are full of great moments captured on film...that mean absolutely nothing to me. Who are these people? What were they doing, thinking, feeling?

This is why I scrapbook. So that Xander and his future family will never have to wonder those things about me. Of course, with me it might end up being a case of TMI!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meme is wearing a baseball cap, pushed up on her head. Never actually saw that picture before. More to her than met the eye, eh? Your grandmother could have been in "A League Of Their Own", right next to Rosie and Madonna. Love you, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT