Monday, August 10, 2009

A Sad Farewell...To Underwear

Yes, this is about underwear. Xander has been needing some new undies - his size 8s fit okay, but the 6s are way too tight. When I went to Walmart yesterday I looked to see what cool new pictures undies they had. Ooh, Marvel Superheroes! I knew Xander would like those. But wait! What's this? The cute picture undies only go to size 8?? Noooooo!!!

It's the dawn of a new underwear era in the Bruno household. Once the size 8 undies get too tight, which will be very soon, Xander's underwear drawer won't have those familiar faces staring back up at me anymore. Incredible Hulk. Ironman. Captain Jack. Doctor Cockroach.


Now it's on to big boy underwear. They're cute in their own way, and better than plain old tightie whities. Xander likes them because they don't pinch his waist. I was going to post a pic of him in his new undies, but in deference to my mother, I decided against it.


Am I a dork to feel sentimental about underwear? I know my SIL will give that a resounding yes! Still, it's just another sign that my boy is growing up. And I don't like it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mother thanks you. We all have to say goodbye to the little things that keep our kids kids in our hearts. Sorry you're struggling with this one. Hang in there, Sange. He's got a long way to go before adolescence. Love you, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT