Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Little Reader

Now, I know that Xander can read a little. He learned a whole lot of that in Kindergarten. But getting him to read even one word at home has always been a struggle. So imagine my surprise when, two nights in a row, he's read me a book!



I picked him up this Level 1 SpongeBob book last weekend. Some of the words have little pictures with them - like everytime it says SpongeBob in the book, there's a little picture of the yellow sponge. And while I've had to help Xander out with some words (know, asked), most he's either just known or been able to sound out.


It's been so much fun to have him reading! And voluntarily! I'm going to have to get more of those books. Thanks, SpongeBob!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If he's interested at all in reading, it's all because of your influence. Be proud, kiddo! Love you, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT