Monday, August 3, 2009

Cobleskill Sunshine Fair

The annual Cobleskill Sunshine Fair is in full swing. We don't always go, but this year we made plans to meet up with Destiny and his family for the day. Once we got there, we also ran into my in-laws, and Xander somehow got his Pop-Pop to buy him a wristband so he could go on rides all day. The first thing he went on was the bumper boats. And let me tell you, that's a place I'd have hung around all day because it was HOT and water was nice and cool.


Xander certainly made the round of rides this year, and even got some grown-ups to ride with him. Pop-Pop took him on the ferris wheel, and Grandma took him on the Flying Bobs. Even Joe, who almost never goes on rides, was talked into a spin on the bumper cars. This is my favorite picture from the whole fair!

Of course, we took a turn through the livestock barn and Progress Land. Xander loves going there to stick his hand in the hot tubs set up for display. But unless we were in the midway, he was bored and whiney. Business as usual! But I stood my ground because I wanted to see the bunnies, and the sea lion show which was hilarious.


Even though I hate spending the money, we did play some games. (They cost way too much for the junk you get.) Despite my misgivings, Xander took a turn at darts and the carny made sure he won a little something. We played the water game, Xander did one of those prize-every-time fishing games, and he joined Destiny and Joe in the quest to win one of those huge ring toss prizes. Needless to say no-one brought one of those home this year!

At the end of the day Joe and I were about dead on our feet. We'd been at the fair for six long hours. Joe's knees were hurting, and I was sporting a nice burn on the backs of my arms. But Xander wanted to keep on riding. I found a couple more kid rides he could tackle on his own, then went with him on one of those rides that whips you around really fast in a circle. He loved that one!


By the end of the day, we were out of money and Xander had an armful of junk. It was fun, but I'm glad we only go to one day of fair!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time was had. Nothing like a trip to the fair. Glad you all had such a good time. Love you all, M.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT