Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Family Game Night

Okay, so I have to talk a bit about our recent family game night, mostly so I can post this picture of my dorky brother Eli doing a pirate face...aargh, matey! Hee hee!


The idea originated with my sister-in-law, Krissy. She thought it would be fun to start having a regular family game night, and I agreed. When I was a kid we were always playing board games and card games and dice games, and I missed that. So last Friday we packed up our BBQ and headed over to my brother's house for dinner.

Joe made some fancy Food Network burgers, and we had a nice dinner together while the kids all screamed and played in the living room/play room. Then game night started with some homemade strawberry shortcake, and Tribond. Some of those categories were hard!! But thanks to luck and a really simple category, I managed to pull out a last-minute win. Woo hoo!

The real fun didn't get started until Joe brought out the Pirate Dice. Suddenly we were all talking like pirates and laughing like loons. We played that one three times (I won two of those games, just sayin') and had a blast! I highly recommend it.

So now we're planning to do this once a month. And honestly, I can't wait for the next one! If you don't have family game night, you should start one!

3 comments:

Isabel said...

Cassandra, I think your blog looks great!

The Steigmeiers said...

We are glad that you had fun 'cuz we had a blast. I am so glad that I come up with the great ideas. Lookin' forward to the next game night.

Krissy

Anonymous said...

I miss game nights. That's why I'm addicted to computer games, eh? Great pic of Eli. Good job! Love you, Mommo.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT