Monday, May 5, 2008

Some Assembly Required

I used some of my free time this weekend assembling some new shelves for Xander's room. Let me just say that I have inherited ZERO talent in this area from my supremely talented mother. It's sad, really.


The really hard assembly was on the cabinet from Walmart. There were a lot of illustrated instructions, but I think I'd be better off with a little DVD that shows me step by step what the heck I should be doing. I got four sides on, then had to take one off because I put it on backwards. Then I finally got everything together but the doors. And again, I had put a piece on wrong so there was no hinge hole on the bottom. You know those thin sheets they give you to hammer on the back with all those little tiny nails? I had to remove the nails from one whole side so that I could flip up that piece I had put on wrong. I had to pry those stupid little nails out with a butter knife. My index finger was raw and puffy by the time I was done.

Of course, the end results are really good. More storage space for all of Xander's toys. Next time, though, I think I'll let Joe put the shelves together!

1 comment:

The Steigmeiers said...

You may not be able to build shelving like you mother, but can she scrapbook as good as you do.

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT