Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!







This is my mom (and my dorky younger brother). I think I can say, with utmost honesty, that she's been one of my best friends. She's really easy to get along with, she's way funny, and look what she can do:


  • Play guitar (and write her own songs!)

  • Do almost any type of home repair

  • Build furniture

  • Sew anything, with or without a pattern

  • Pretty decent cook (my sauce is better!)

  • Act in community theater

  • Write poetry

  • Draw

  • Sing (even though she doesn't always have the right lyrics...Blossom my love!)

  • Tell funny jokes in even funnier accents
Honestly, is there anything she can't do? She's worked multiple jobs at one time, she's been a substitute teacher, an account clerk, and a home construction & renovation maven. She has more talent in her pinky finger than I could ever hope to achieve in my whole life.
Just wanted to share my totally awesome Mom and wish any other visiting moms a Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so lucky to have such wonderful children. You are such a joy and blessing to me, Cass. I love you more than you'll ever know. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift. Thank you. I love you, Mom.

CP Warner said...

She also knows how to make a dynamite wedding kilt, right?

Happy Mother's Day to you, and thanks for sending this blog link to the SK folks last week. I have now subscribed to this, and will look forward to keeping up with your news!

P/J

Cat Lady

Cat Lady
For the March All About Me Challenge at ACOT